Sunday, September 23, 2007

09/23/07 Gift for Coach John

For those who don't already know, John Medina is the greatest coach ever. Although he tortures me on a weekly basis, especially at the track, he's actually a great guy. Lorenzo and I decided that it was time to upgrade John's antique mountain bike to something a bit more modern. So before my Sunday run with the boys, Lorenzo and I called John over to ask him a question. I'm sure John thought I was dilly-dallying, but after I asked him "What do you think of this?" and when he saw a new Cannondale, I think he completely forgot about the schedule.


"I have to ask you something over here..."

"What do you think of this?"

"Does the envelope say 'Coach John?' - What the...?"

"Is that for me?"

"You're kidding, right?"

"John, it's for you. Thanks for everything."

The card from Lorenzo and Angela makes it official.

Happy Coach and Happy Runner.

Now I will never be able to keep up with him!

1 comment:

dolface said...

that is FANTASTIC!
well done you two!